I found this recipe on the internet back in 2004. I made the cake for a cookout that I was attending and the cake was all eaten up before the meat was served. Yeah, it’s that good!
I found this recipe on the internet back in 2004. I made the cake for a cookout that I was attending and the cake was all eaten up before the meat was served. Yeah, it's that good!
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix + ingredients to prepare
- 1 bag (14 ounce) caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups roasted salted peanuts chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix cake as directed on box.
- Pour 1/2 of the prepared batter into a lightly greased and floured 9x13 inch glass baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, melt caramels, evaporated milk and butter over medium low heat, stirring often.
- Bring to a slow boil and remove from heat.
- Pour over baked cake.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts and chocolate chips over caramel mixture.
- Pour and spread the rest of the cake batter on top of the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread evenly to cover.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 35 minutes.
- May drizzle with chocolate sauce or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve warm and refrigerate unused portions.