Baked Parmesan Cod
Tender flaky cod baked with a parmesan crust.
- 1 pound cod fillets fresh
- 2 tablespoons flour all purpose
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In quart size ziplock bag, combine flour, corn meal, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper.
- Melt butter in shallow dish, add garlic powder to butter and stir to blend.
- Roll cod in butter, then shake in flour mixture.
- Place fillets in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Drizzle remaining butter over fillets and top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cod flakes easily with fork.
Recipe adapted from Cooks