There’s nothing better than the flavors of the Caribbean in cake form. The rum is just an added bonus!
There's nothing better than the flavors of the Caribbean in cake form. The rum is just an added bonus!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can (15 ounce) cream of coconut divided
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons rum divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple drained
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup cream of coconut, 1/2 cup of rum, oil and eggs.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the pineapple, blending well.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack, remove from pan.
- Poke holes about 1 inch apart in cake almost to bottom.
- Combine remaining cream of coconut and remaining 2 tablespoons of rum.
- Slowly pour over cake.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Refrigerate unused portions.