Sticky Lemon Chicken
Although the title is “Sticky Lemon Chicken” it is really not very sweet, it is however, sticky. The skin has a really nice glaze on it which hardens while cooking. The ever so slight tartness of the lemon adds a nice contrast to the rich dark meat chicken.
Although the title is "Sticky Lemon Chicken" it is really not very sweet, it is however, sticky. The skin has a really nice glaze on it which hardens while cooking. The ever so slight tartness of the lemon adds a nice contrast to the rich dark meat chicken.
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic halved
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- Heat the olive oil in a deep sauté pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken pieces over a high heat with the garlic, thyme and rosemary for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add the white grape juice and bubble until reduced by half.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend the honey and soy sauce together.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and honey over the chicken and shake the pan to mix.
- Pour in the hot water and add the lemon slices.
- Let the liquid bubble and reduce down until syrupy, which will take about 10 minutes or so.
- By now the chicken should be cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Gordon Ramsey Video