I used my Nana’s recipe for banana bread and just added cranberries. Banana’s are sweet and the cranberries are slightly tart, great combo.
I used my Nana's recipe for banana bread and just added cranberries. Banana's are sweet and the cranberries are slightly tart, great combo.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour all purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large bananas over ripe, mashed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add baking soda and salt, stirring just to blend.
- Add flour and mix well, batter will be thick.
- Fold in bananas and cranberries.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, shake pan to distribute evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out moist but not wet.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan onto a serving platter.
I garnished the bread with some sliced almonds before baking as I had just a small amount left over from another dish.