I had some leftover steak from Tuesday night, it wasn’t enough to feed more than one person so I came up with this. I hate to waste any amount of food.
Teriyaki Beef Quesadillas
I had some leftover steak from Tuesday night, it wasn't enough to feed more than one person so I came up with this. I hate to waste any amount of food.
- 1/2 pound left over medium rare steak sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade sauce
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained well
- 1 medium onion peeled, halved, sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 green onion green part only, sliced thin
- Slice steak very thin into about 2 inch long strips
- In a ziplock bag marinate the sliced steak with the marinade sauce in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, saute the onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over low to medium heat until lightly browned and translucent.
- Pat dry the pineapple with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid that remained after draining.
- Add the bell peppers and pineapple to the onions and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes until peppers start to soften.
- In a separate skillet melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter over low to medium heat.
- Drain marinade from steak.
- Place one tortilla at a time in the butter.
- On one half of the tortilla sprinkle some colby jack cheese.
- Layer pieces of steak over the cheese.
- Spread some of the onion/pineapple medley over the steak.
- Add some of the pepper jack cheese over the onion/pineapple mixture.
- Top with more colby jack cheese.
- Fold over the tortilla to close.
- At this point you can begin with another tortilla.
- Brown each side of the tortilla, flipping as needed until it gets crisp and the cheeses start to melt.
- Transfer to a plate and cut in half and then half again to make 4 wedges.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with green onions.