Great basic recipe, you can add whatever type of meat you choose to prepare it as is to compliment another dish.
Great basic recipe, you can add whatever type of meat you choose to, or prepare it as is to compliment another dish.
- 3 cups white rice cooked, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup peas & carrots blend thawed if frozen
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions sliced
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the peas & carrots blend, onion and garlic powder.
- Stir fry until tender.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side.
- Pour the eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
- Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
- Stir fry until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
Recipe adapted from Life as a Lofthouse