I made this for my nephew, he didn’t like it because of the celery. I loved it, although I think I would saute the celery just a minute or two to take some of the crispiness out of it.
I made this for my nephew, he didn't like it because of the celery. I loved it, although I think I would saute the celery just a minute or two to take some of the crispiness out of it.
- 1 can (14 ounce) refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce I use Frank's Red Hot
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mozzarella/provolone mix cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out pizza dough to the size of a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the cookie sheet with the cornmeal and place dough on cookie sheet.
- In a small saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- When butter is melted add 1/4 cup of wing sauce, blending well.
- Add chicken to the sauce mix and toss to coat chicken evenly.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add in the additional 1/2 cup of wing sauce and the celery.
- Heat over low to medium heat for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Pour and spread sauce over dough bringing to edges of the dough.
- Place chicken over the sauce.
- Top with mozzarella/provolone cheese.
- Sprinkle with monterrey jack cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Drizzle with dressing or use for dipping if desired.