Coconut Pineapple Bread
I just can’t get off the coconut & pineapple kick. I love, love, love the two flavors combined.
I just can't get off the coconut & pineapple kick. I love, love, love the two flavors combined.
- 1+1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1+1/2 cups flour all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (17 ounce) crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain pineapple into a strainer.
- Allow to sit and drain, at least 10 minutes.
- On a cookie sheet spread coconut.
- Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Grease and flour loaf pan, I used 4 mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, and alternately add flour mixture in three parts and sour cream in two, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Fold pineapple and 1 cup coconut into batter.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes (cover pan with a loose foil tent halfway through).
- Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe slightly adapted from Martha Stewart