Creamy Cucumber Salad
I’ve had this dish many times at cookouts and potluck dinners, but this is the first time I made it.
I've had this dish many times at cookouts and potluck dinners, but this is the first time I made it.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large cucumbers peeled, sliced thin
- 1 large white onion sliced very thin
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions.
- Pour sour cream mixture over cucumber/onion and mix together.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from Chickens in the Road