Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
It’s got quite a bit of a kick to it, but I really liked it and I never really cared for spicy food. Although, since I quit smoking I seem to desire it more.
It's got quite a bit of a kick to it, but I really liked it and I never really cared for spicy food. Although, since I quit smoking I seem to desire it more.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta cooked per package instructions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces cooked chicken diced
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup peas
- parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic.
- Saute 2 minutes.
- Add diced chicken and saute briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
- Add marinara and alfredo and simmer over low heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, add butter and peas.
- Blend sauce with the pasta.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from Tastebook