Quick and easy but they come out and taste like you spent all day making them.
Quick and easy but they come out and taste like you spent all day making them. The can of black olives that I used was apparently labeled wrong at the processing plant because they had diced red jalapeno peppers in it. So, my shells were a bit on the spicy side with a Mexican twist.
- 1 box (12 ounce) jumbo shell pasta
- 3/4 pound italian sausage
- 1 can (4 ounce) black olives drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, romano, asiago cheese mix grated
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (28 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook shells for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Remove sausage from casing and brown in a skillet.
- Add black olives, parmesan cheese mixture and ricotta cheese to meat.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until blended well, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Carefully stuff each shell with meat/cheese mixture.
- Place shells open side up in baking dish.
- When all shells are stuffed, drizzle the rest of the spaghetti sauce over the shells.
- Sprinkle shells with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Carefully remove foil, and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with side salad and garlic bread.