Crispy Cheddar Chicken
My nephew is always wanting Meme (my step-mom) to make him fried chicken. This kid could live off fried chicken and he swears Meme’s is the best. Well, I won’t argue with him that her fried chicken is pretty good if you’re into fried chicken. When my nephew ate this I could of sworn I heard him say “this is better than Meme’s”. We will keep that statement hush, hush. I didn’t have the heart to tell him it wasn’t fried.
My nephew is always wanting Meme (my step-mom) to make him fried chicken. This kid could live off fried chicken and he swears Meme's is the best. Well, I won't argue with him that her fried chicken is pretty good if you're into fried chicken. When my nephew ate this I could of sworn I heard him say "this is better than Meme's". We will keep that statement hush, hush. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't fried.
- 4 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 sleeves crackers, I used garden vegetable flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 can (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 large chunks.
- In a small food processor grind up the crackers.
- Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small shallow pans.
- Toss the pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
- Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk.
- Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot.
- Serve over the chicken.
Recipe slightly adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up