A light and refreshing meal covering all the bases, and I didn’t heat up the house cooking it on such a hot summer day.
A light and refreshing meal covering all the bases, and I didn't heat up the house cooking it on such a hot summer day.
- 1 cup penne pasta uncooked
- 2/3 cup frozen french style green beans
- 1 can (3 ounce) albacore solid white tuna in water drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1+1/2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if desired
- Prepare pasta according package instructions.
- For last 3 minutes of pasta cooking, add the green beans to the pasta water.
- Drain pasta/veggies.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Toss in the tuna.
- Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Add the parmesan cheese, pepper and salt to the skillet.
- Fold in the pasta until coated well.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.