With a recipe from Paula Deen you can’t go wrong. These crab cakes were tender, flaky and moist. The creamy cocktail sauce dressing added a nice touch.
With a recipe from Paula Deen you can't go wrong. These crab cakes were tender, flaky and moist. The creamy cocktail sauce dressing added a nice touch.
- 16 ounces imitation crab meat shredded
- 1/3 cup garden vegetable crackers crushed
- 3 green onions sliced, white part only
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 cup flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons cocktail sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and oil.
- Shape into patties approximately 4" in diameter and 1/2" thick.
- Dust each patty lightly with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry crab cakes in heated oil until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn cakes over and continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Place cooked cakes on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a small bowl blend cocktail sauce into the ranch dressing.
- Drizzle cakes with sauce and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen