I wanted to make a lasagna in the Crock-Pot. I didn’t have any ground beef on hand but I did have some mini meatballs in the freezer so I used them instead. It came out great.
Mini Meatball Crockpot Lasagna
I wanted to make a lasagna in the crockpot. I didn’t have any ground beef on hand but I did have some mini meatballs in the freezer so I used them instead. It came out great.
- 32 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (6 ounce) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 pound italian style mini meatballs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 8 ounces italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounce package oven ready lasagna noodles
- Put a crockpot liner inside crockpot.
- Spray the inside of the liner lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, seasoning and meatballs in a medium saucepan, stir to blend.
- Heat over medium to low heat for about 10 minutes or until meatballs are thawed.
- Using a slotted spoon remove meatballs from sauce onto a plate.
- Slice each meatball in half, set plate aside.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese and italian cheese blend.
- Spread 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place one layer of uncooked lasagna noodles over the sauce, breaking them if necessary.
- Spoon 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Strategically place about 1/2 of halved meatballs onto the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with 1/3 of the remaining sauce.
- Repeat the layering of noodles,remaining cheese mix, remaining meatballs and 1/2 of remaining sauce.
- Lay down another layer of noodles, and spread with the remaining sauce.
- Cover, cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook covered for an additional 3 hours or until noodles are soft.
- Sprinkle mozarella cheese on top.
- Replace lid and cook on low for an additional hour, or until cheese melts.