Chocolate cake, white chocolate pudding and chocolate pudding topped with crushed chocolate candy pieces. I don’t think I could put anymore chocolate into this cake.
Triple Chocolate Poke Cake
Chocolate cake, white chocolate pudding and chocolate pudding topped with crushed chocolate candy pieces. I don't think I could put anymore chocolate into this cake.
- 1 box (15.25 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) white chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) chocolate pudding mix
- 1 ounce M&M's minis candy, crushed
- Prepare cake according to package instructions.
- Bake according to package instructions for preferred pan.*
- Let cake cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes evenly in the cake only about 1/2 deep.
- In a medium bowl slowly whisk in 2 cups of milk with the white chocolate pudding mix.
- Whisk just until blended.
- Immediately pour over cake, using a rubber spatula to force pudding into holes and spreading to edges.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Beat chocolate pudding mix with 1 cup of milk with whisk 2 minutes, let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk whipped topping into chocolate pudding mix.
- Spread evenly over cake, then use fork to form peaks in the topping.
- Refrigerate an additional 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy pieces.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate unused portions.
*I use two round cake pans so that I can make two separate cakes. I do this so I can give one away, that way I only eat 1/2 a cake. :)