This is my daughter’s recipe. It’s a favorite for her family of 7. With the 3 pounds of creamy cheese, the kids will barely notice the vegetables. Very filling meal, great for cold evenings or potlucks.
This is my daughter's recipe. It's a favorite for her family of 7. With the 3 pounds of creamy cheese, the kids will barely notice the vegetables. Very filling meal, great for cold evenings or pot-lucks.
- 4 pounds cut broccoli, frozen
- 1 pound matchstick carrots
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds processed american cheese spread, cubed
- 2 cans (12 ounce) evaporated filled milk
- 1 pound colby jack cheese, shredded
- Prepare broccoli (with carrots) according to package instructions, reserving 1 cup of liquid and drain the rest.
- While the broccoli is cooking, saute onions in the butter until translucent, set aside.
- In the same pot that the broccoli was prepared, add cubed cheese spread.
- Over low heat, melt cheese into the broccoli.
- Add filled evaporated milk, onions with butter and colby jack cheese.
- Cover and continue simmering on low until shredded cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot with your favorite bread or in a bread bowl as show.