The four basic food groups: meat, pasta, sauce and cheese. You can’t really go wrong when a recipe has all four of those as ingredients. These were great, I added some fresh diced mushrooms as well and sauteed them with the garlic. Next time I make these I would use more sauce in the meat mixture.
The four basic food groups: meat, pasta, sauce and cheese. You can't really go wrong when a recipe has all four of those as ingredients. These were great, I added some fresh diced mushrooms as well and sauteed them with the garlic. Next time I make these I would use more sauce in the meat mixture.
- 5 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 large button mushroom, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook noodles in salted boiling water about 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- Lay noodles flat onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, set aside.
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Place drained beef in a bowl, using a potato masher, mash meat until it is almost minced.
- Saute onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the onions.
- Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the italian seasoning to the sauce.
- Toss onion/garlic in with the meat.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce to the meat mixture, tossing to blend.
- In another bowl blend the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining sauce to the bottom of the pan, using the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture down the length of the noodle.
- Repeat with the meat mixture.
- Carefully roll each noodle up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- Drizzle the each roll with a tablespoon of the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle each roll with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are heated through.