I’ve seen several versions of corn salad, this is mine from what I had on hand. Apparently I have been stock piling these big bags of corn. I couldn’t think of a better way to use them up, than a Memorial Day Weekend BBQ.
I've seen several versions of corn salad, this is mine from what I had on hand. Apparently I have been stock piling these big bags of corn. I couldn't think of a better way to use them up, than a Memorial Day Weekend BBQ.
- 1 bag (25 ounce) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1+1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 tomato, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped fine
- Prepare corn according to package instruction but shorten cooking time by a minute or so, you want the corn to be crisp.
- Drain any fluid from the corn and refrigerate while dicing the vegetables.
- In a small bowl add the sugar to the mayonnaise, stirring to blend well, set aside.
- Toss the diced peppers, onions and tomato in with the corn.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir gently to coat corn and vegetables.
- Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to blend everything together.
- Add chopped cilantro and stir to blend.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Serving Size 114g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.0g
Saturated Fat g
Trans Fat g
Total Carbohydrate 20.9g
Dietary Fiber 2.4g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.