I love the combination of the heat from the jerk seasoning and the crisp sweetness of the pineapple. I made the salsa specifically to go with these sliders. The fact that it’s ground chicken on a wheat roll makes me feel like it’s healthy as well. Win, win!
Jerk Chicken Sliders with Fresh Pineapple Salsa
I love the combination of the heat from the jerk seasoning and the crisp sweetness of the pineapple. I made the salsa specifically to go with these sliders. The fact that it's ground chicken on a wheat roll makes me feel like it's healthy as well. Win, win!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 wheat dinner rolls
- In a medium size bowl add chicken, soy sauce, garlic and seasonings.
- Using a fork, mix well until combined.
- Refrigerate covered for 30-60 minutes to allow flavors to blend together.
- While meat mixture is marinating, prepare rolls according to package instructions.
- Preheat griddle or electric skillet to 350F.
- Trim each piece of cheese until it is the same size of the rolls, set aside.
- Slice each baked roll in half, set aside.
- Using greased hands, form six 1/3 inch thick patties about the size of the rolls.
- Spread oil onto the hot griddle.
- Grill sliders for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Top each slider with a piece of cheese right before removing from the griddle, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Remove slider from heat onto the bottom of each roll.
- Top with Fresh Pineapple Salsa and the top of each roll.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 sandwich
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 96.3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.7g
Saturated Fat 2.9g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrate 23.7g
Dietary Fiber 1.1g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.