Since it’s just me eating any watermelon I buy, I usually end up throwing out some. This was a great way to use up any leftover watermelon and a nice refreshing treat.
Since it's just me eating any watermelon I buy, I usually end up throwing out some. This was a great way to use up any leftover watermelon and a nice refreshing treat.
- 5 cups peeled seedless watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Place the watermelon in a food processor.
- Blend on high speed until very smooth with no chunks remaining.
- Pour the puree into a mixing bowl
- Stir in the sugar and squeeze the juice from the 1/2 lime into the bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and use a fork to scrape any ice crystals from the sides of the bowl.
- Stir to incorporate the crystals.
- Return to the freezer.
- Repeat this scraping procedure every 30 minutes, or until the consistency is "snowy" when scraped with a fork or spoon, at least 4 hours.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
Serving Size 112g
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0.9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 19.7g
Dietary Fiber 0g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.