My Mom use to make stuffed peppers when I was a kid, of course I hated them. I really didn’t care for bell peppers until just recently. I didn’t want to make the traditional stuffed pepper with rice and ground beef, so this is my version of a stuffed pepper. It was quite tasty.
My Mom use to make stuffed peppers when I was a kid, of course I hated them. I really didn't care for bell peppers until just recently. I didn't want to make the traditional stuffed pepper with rice and ground beef, so this is my version of a stuffed pepper. It was quite tasty.
- 1/2 cup prepared stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup santa fe style mixed vegetables, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup ground turkey sausage, browned
- 1 bell pepper, cored and seeded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Carefully cut the top of the pepper off.
- If needed, shave a bit of pepper off the bottom of the pepper to allow it to stand upright.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place peppers standing upright into the prepared baking dish.
- Using a paring knife, remove the core and the seeds.
- You may dice up the top of the pepper and add it to the filling if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the prepared stuffing, vegetables, turkey and most of the cheese.
- Toss gently to blend everything together.
- Using a spoon, pack the filling into the body of the pepper.
- Press down firmly on the filling to cause it to spread out to the entire cavity of the pepper.
- Bake peppers in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until pepper is tender.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle the top of the pepper with the reserved cheese.
- Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Please note that recipe ingredient amounts are per pepper.
Serving Size 1 Pepper
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 184.5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20.5g
Saturated Fat 7.4g
Trans Fat 3.0g
Total Carbohydrate 34.5g
Dietary Fiber 5.8g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.