My future son-in-law requested this pie as his birthday dessert this year. I’m not a fan of key lime pie so I’ve never made it, actually I’ve never had more than a bite. The birthday boy said it was great, and it tasted just like key lime pie. That’s good enough for me!
My future son-in-law requested this pie as his birthday dessert this year. I'm not a fan of key lime pie so I've never made it, actually I've never had more than a bite. The birthday boy said it was great, and it tasted just like key lime pie. That's good enough for me!
- 1+1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1 tub (8 ounce) whipped topping
- 4 key limes
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a small bowl, blend cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add melted butter and stir to coat well.
- Press cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch deep pie plate.
- Using your finger press the cracker mix evenly into the bottom of the pie plate and up the side as well.
- Bake crust for 10-12 minutes or just until it started to lightly brown.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before filling.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together the egg yolks and condensed milk just until blended.
- Continue to whisk while adding the key lime juice.
- Whisk until smooth and all lumps are out.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes allowing pie to set, but it should still jiggle a bit in the middle.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired, refrigerate to chill before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped topping and garnish with a lime wedge.